Tuesday, June 7, 2011

updates

sorry it's been so long since i last updated. life in our house has been crazy to say the least. So lets start with Harry.


Harry: he has been having
lots of challenging behavior. he has been having out bursts of anger and it's directed at Ethan and at times me. He stomps his feet spins in circles, bangs his head on the floor or walls, he's been biting himself, screams and screeches all the time. I know it's going to be a bad day when he wakes up screaming and screeching. I made a appointment with a pediatric behavior doctor 3 hours away a few weeks back and the soonest they could get us in was Aug 17th but they put us on the cancellation list and the next day they called and said there was a opening for June 2nd. WOW. I was scrambling to find a person to trade with at work and thankfully I found someone who was willing. Harry and I left the day before and stayed at a hotel while Ethan stayed with Grandma and Papa. Our appointment went good. Harry is now on a medication to hopefully help control some of his behaviors. Medications were never my first choice but i didn't know what else to do. our insurance does not cover ABA therapy that would help but we are getting on the Wisconsin Autism waver waiting list but that's a 8-12 wait at
least. Harry also had a transition meeting for school. he is supposed to start in Oct after his 3rd birthday. How exciting for him. he was super excited to see his class room.
Recent
ly Harry has been enjoying time outside with Papa playing on the swing and in the sandbox and taking walks with Papa. I think it's wonderful that since his dad is not a active part of his life that Papa can be there for him and i know they both enjoy it.

Ethan: He is now 10 months o
ld and getting into EVERY THING!! It's fun to see him explore his world. I did have a scare with him Memorial day. He woke up happy and playing. but shortly after Harry got up Ethan started throwing up and I called my mom who came over very quickly. When she got here she took him and i told her what was going on more and that he looked purple to me. she said she didn't see what i was seeing but to get Harry ready and we would take Ethan to the ER. I said no I'll DJ (my niece) to come and take care of Harry. After i got DJ to come over my mom said call 911. when they got here Ethan had thrown up at least 6 times and he was now pale and non responsive. we got hooked up in the ambulance and off we went. they gave him oxygen because his stats were low. we had a paramedic intercept half way to the hospital. they attempted to put a IV in and when they poked him he barely squeaked. not my boy. I was so scared. by the time we got the hospital he had come around and after 3 hours in the hospital they sent us home still not knowing what happened but he was better and mostly back to normal.

So life to say the least has been challenging but we just take it one day at a time and at moments when it's real crazy it's one minute at a time. I hope to be better at posting updates on the boys. thanks for those who read.

No comments:

Post a Comment